Dobogókő winter resort, Hungary
Click here for actual snow report and slope conditions!
Dobogókő is a holiday village just 25 km away from Budapest to North-West. The name comes from Visegrádi Mountain’s and Danube-bend’s highest point, Dobogó-kő, at 699 m. The settlement belongs to the village of Pilisszentkereszt, and has 133 inhabitants.
Modern history of Dobogókő:
- 1898 – the first official tourist shelter of the country was built here
- 1906 – the shelter was replaced with a stone building. The old wooden building still functions as a tourist museum.
- 1923 – the first ski slope of post-World War I Hungary was opened in Dobogókő
- 1978 – a cable-car was built on the ski slopes, which is still in operation
- 1980 – Zsindelyes Inn, designed by Imre Makovecz (a famous Hungarian organic building architect) was built
- 2003-2006 – thanks to „Dobogókőért” Foundation, several developments started here (cleaning the stones from ski slopes, renovating ski-lift, purchasing ratrak and setting up webcamera)
Introducing of the winter in Dobogókő in some minutes:
If the plans of Foundation for Dobogókő (ski center development, panoramic viewpoint, adventure forest and forest playground) are implemented, this decade can bring further great developments, too.
Dobogókő Sícentrum a facebook-on
Zsindelyes Vendégház a facebook-on
Egy kicsit ezzel is segítheted a Dobogókőért Közhasznú Alapítvány munkáját: